Buffer App, Awesome for Sharing Content to Social Media
Have you ever tried to manually share your content to social media? If we take Facebook alone, that can take all the time on your hands. Yet you have other things to do. And there’s also Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, App.net, etc.
How can you handle all that without going crazy?
The answer is the Buffer app.
Buffer was designed to offer you a personal more efficient manner to handle sharing on social media.
Buffer takes the headache out of the scheduling of your great content to social media. All you have to do is just fill up your Buffer at one time in the day and automagically (please pay attention to that word again!) Buffer posts them for you through the day. And the other days? Simply keep that Buffer topped up and you will have a consistent social media presence all day round, all week long, and as long as you want.
Buffer’s custom scheduling, multiple accounts, team member access and detailed analytics make it the go-to social media management tool for more than 900,000 users around the world, and still increasing.
Honest and AuthenticBuffer aims at helping you create an authentic and honest appearance on social media because they know that there are no “short-cuts” to succeeding on a platform where engagement is so crucial. Conscious that Buffer is only one solution amongst many others, they recommend many other tools on their Twitter account or on their blog. Why? They are convinced that providing the best value for your particular situation is far more important than a quick sale of their product.
Consistent Support and ImprovementBuffer is working very hard and they iterate and improve their product over and over again. To this end, they encourage you to send them feedback about your experience with their products.
Buffer’s 9 ValuesIn Buffer's founding months, Joel and Leo (founder and co-founder), read, re-read and internalized Dale Carnegie's famous book, “How to Win Friends and Influence People” from whose deeply impactful words many of the Buffer values are derived.
In January 2013, Buffer put together a list of its 9 Values which define their culture, which as with everything at Buffer’s, is a continual work in progress.
Always Choose Positivity and Happiness
- You always approach things in a positive and optimistic way
- You never criticize or condemn team members or users
- You never complain
- You let the other person save face, even if they are clearly wrong
- You are deliberate about giving genuine appreciation
Default to Transparency
- You take pride in opportunities to share our beliefs, failures, strengths and decisions
- You use transparency as a tool to help others
- You always state your thoughts immediately and with honesty
- You share early in the decision process to avoid "big revelations"
Have a Focus on Self Improvement
- You are conscious of your current level of productivity and happiness, and make continual changes to grow
- You have a higher expectation of yourself than Buffer does of you
- You regularly and deliberately do things that make you feel uncomfortable
- You practice activities and develop habits that will improve your mind and body
Be a "no-ego" Doer
- You don't attach your personal self to ideas
- You let others have your best ideas
- You approach new ideas thinking "what can we do right now?"
- You are humble
- You always ship code the moment it is better than what is live on our site - no matter what
Listen First, Then Listen More
- You seek first to understand, then to be understood
- You focus on listening rather than responding
- You take the approach that everything is a hypothesis and you could be wrong
- You are suggestive rather than instructive, replacing phrases such as 'certainly','undoubtedly', etc with 'perhaps', 'I think', 'my intuition right now'
Have a Bias Towards Clarity
- You talk, code, design and write in a clear way instead of being clever
- You over-communicate, repeating things more times than you would intuitively
- You use more words to explain, even if it feels obvious already
- You don't make assumptions, you instead ask that extra question to have the full picture
Make Time to Reflect
- You deliberately find time for reflection, because that's where your life-changing adjustments come from
- You have a calm approach to discussions and ponder points in your own time
- You find time to jump out of the trenches into the higher level thinking that will move the needle
- You understand the value of patience and treat it as a muscle which needs practice to grow
Live Smarter, Not Harder
- You value waking up fresh over working that extra hour
- You always aim to be fully engaged in an activity, or resting
- You single task your way through the day
- You are at the top of your game, as you focus on expanding capacity of your mental, physical, emotional and spiritual energy
- You choose to be at the single place on Earth where you are the happiest, and most productive, and you are not afraid to find out where that is
- You regularly stop and are grateful for your circumstances
- You are grateful for the work co-workers do to push the company forward and help you move faster
- You approach customer conversations with humility and the knowledge that it's a privilege to serve these people
- You have gratitude for platforms, tools and open source that laid the foundation for the possibility of the company: "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Isaac Newton
Buffer, a better way to share on social media, for free.
Buffer shares your content at the
best possible times throughout the day so that your followers and fans see your
updates more often.
Start using Buffer
to share for free on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
Buffer is also available for business.
Apps, Extensions & Extras.
The most powerful Buffer yet.
With Buffer for business, you get more social accounts, team members and additional features to take your social media management to new levels.
Custom SchedulingSchedule your updates for any custom time in the future. Perfect for marketing campaigns, birthdays or any other event in the future.
Analytics & InsightsGet free, detailed analytics on all your posts to every social network. See how many likes, shares and retweets you get at a glance!
Multiple accountsPost to your Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and App.net accounts easily and quickly from wherever you find great content!
Team membersInvite your whole team to make consistent sharing easier. Anyone can manage the account from all Buffer apps.
In your browser, on the goUsing Chrome, Firefox and Safari extensions, you can share any page in seconds! Buffer have native apps for iPhone and Android that make sharing on the go super quick and easy.
50+ Apps & ExtrasGet the most out of Buffer and easily share from your mobile, news reader, blog or anywhere! Oh, and of course it's all free…
If you’re reading this on any social media, it’s thanks to Buffer.