Wednesday 9 October 2013

Dear Blog Readers and Visitors, we’re Entering a Turbulent Zone



If you’re wondering what the heck I’m talking about, the first thing I want to say is that it’s not about flying. Its’ just a borrowed image to describe my own circumstances.

If you’ve been reading, following or visiting this blog faithfully, then you already know that I’m a freelance writer, a businessperson (somewhat) and a teacher. These are the professions which decided me to embrace blogging. It’s the third profession which is the subject matter of this post.

In effect, I teach business English in vocational training schools here to high school diploma holders studying to become advanced national vocational certificate holders in various professional fields. I’ve been on holidays for about two months now and school just reopened last week for the 2013-2014 academic year.

What has this got to do with entering a turbulent zone?

I recovered my blocked blog just before the holidays in July. I profited from the time I had on my hands to write and post daily. Now that school has begun, I wouldn’t have this time anymore.

In effect, I teach both day and evening classes, Monday through Saturday. Preparing lessons and teaching them would not only take up much of my time but also sap a lot of my energy. Add to that marking papers, attending staff meetings, and other related academic work, and you understand that time isn’t going to be on my side.

My blog posts are therefore going to suffer. No longer can I write and post daily. You might even have noticed the turbulence already since last week.

Is this worrying?

Yes, until I stumbled upon the blog www.socialtriggers.com and read in this post (http://socialtriggers.com/why-bloggers-fail/) “You don’t have to create content, day in, and day out. You just have to work on getting the content you already have… in the hands of more people.”

Jeez, what a load taken off my shoulders! How some of Derek Halpern’s (the blog owner) disciples felt when they learned this really sum up my feelings:

Derek’s advice to blog less and promote more was earth-shattering and such a relief because it completely eliminated my blog stress and gave me peace and time and space back in my business to do what I love to do, which is coach people.” – Nicole Burley, Certified Health Coach and Life Coach, creator of NicoleBurley.com

 My biggest struggle coming into the course was that I was writing frequently, but never really connecting with my followers… Now that I have taken the course, I feel that I have a game plan for each post.” Craig Koniver, MD, Organic Medicine Physician, creator of OrganicMedicineNow.com

It’s already 23.26 pm here. Tonight I’m going to sleep like a brand new baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Rapid African Plan To Liberation/ African American & Ghanaian Owned ...

The Rapid African Plan To Liberation/ African American & Ghanaian Owned ...